Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9 review topic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

9 review topic Empty
PostSubject: 9 review topic   9 review topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:38 pm

On a side note, no this movie wasn't dark at all. My guess is your theater was having problems.

Take the apocalypse style of Terminator, the Matrix style of the robots, Little Big Planet's sackboys, and a dash of Elijah Wood as the day saving character, and you get the movie 9.

Perhaps the most unique take on the robot apocalypse (since it involves 9 little "Stitch punks" instead of a band of humans) 9 show cases 9 small doll like characters being the last hope for life on a now dead planet. Is the movie great? By definition no. Is it good? Absolutely; but with the movie only running at an hour and 19 minutes, not much could be truly said for or against it.

The 3-d animation is very solid, but will also easily remind you of a Pixar movie with the way the movie is colored and textured. The voice acting is strong as well and consists of the following:

1. Christopher Plummer (Sound of Music, Dragnet movie)

2. Martin Landau (Mission Impossible tv series)

3 and 4 don't talk

5. John C. Reilly (Walk Hard, Talledega Nights)

6. Crispin Glover (George McFly from Back to the Future)

7. Jennifer Connelly (Labyrinth)

8. Fred Tatasciore (voice acting list)

9. Elijah Wood (Frodo from Lord of the Rings)

Now even though the hour 19 minute running time may make the movie seem incredible short, it does also help with getting rid of annoying filler that most movies have. In a way, its like a great 6 hour video game (like Portal); not too long, not too short, gives you the point and walks away.

So if you are a fan of apocalyptic/save the world style movies, definitely see this movie.

Last edited by Seigfreid on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fuuinashi
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Fuuinashi

9 review topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 review topic   9 review topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:45 am

I saw it today ^^

It was very good, it's very artistic and visually impressive, but I didn't like that the story felt so rushed, every events felt a bit too precipitated to me. Especially the beginning.

Nevertheless, i really loved it! ^^ The Dragoon is awesome! =)
Back to top Go down

9 review topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 review topic   9 review topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:10 am

Not to hijack your review Seig, lol, but I have to agree.

I really liked the movie, but since it was only an hour and 19 mins it felt a bit rush to me. I think it would have been a better movie if it was 2 hours.

To me the story was a bit rush, and since the story was rush a lot of the minor characters didn't really have too much develop I think. I mean there was enough but would like a little bit more.

Though overall, I thought it was awesome movie. Creepy ass machines.

Like to see your thoughts on it as well.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

9 review topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 review topic   9 review topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:47 am

You will soon. I'm seeing it tomorrow night at a 9 pm showing lol. Would have loved to see it opening night, but had to work all day.
Back to top Go down
Fuuinashi
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Fuuinashi

9 review topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 review topic   9 review topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:08 am

Seigfreid wrote:
You will soon. I'm seeing it tomorrow night at a 9 pm showing lol. Would have loved to see it opening night, but had to work all day.

When you see it, tell me if the lighting was good.

When I saw it today, the picture was very dark. Much darker than the trailers they show on TV or online. It was hard to see around the characters sometimes, and I wondered if it was because of some fault on the theater's part or if the lighting in the movie just is actually darker than they show in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

9 review topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 review topic   9 review topic I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 am

Ty Seig.

It looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

9 review topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 review topic   9 review topic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9 review topic
Page 1 of 1