Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the shell still active?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

Is the shell still active? Empty
PostSubject: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi guys, I come and go on the forums here and I've noticed there has been no activity, recruitment or otherwise for the period of a month now. So I'm asking... Is Sfant Umbra still active? I've long since retired from FFXI to FFXIV now and if I return to FFXI at any time it may be to only migrate my characters from Asura to Ragnarok with my friend, he's willing to pay the transfer fee so I may end up doing that.

Anyway here's the verdict: I hate leading people on so if no word is given by Nov. 1st I'm shutting down the forums here. If there's any data you want please back it up now.

Also a quick note: Tsumi, are you doing OK? I've had some people asking about you yet nobody's heard from you in awhile...
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:56 am

I honestly couldn't tell you dude. For some reason my account was suspended and my bank account shows payment was never taken out at the end of September. I've thought about reactivating it but....I've grown to face it. After 8 long years, 54 levels, and all my friends I've known from day one being MIA during the hiatuses I kept taking, its time to retire. So I haven't been in game since. I'd believe the shell is dead, it has been the few times I did log on. As for Tsumi, I haven't seen her since I tried asking you about her.

I'm waiting for Old Republic to come out and see the reviews for it. I have a PS3 so I can easily move to XIV and would love to, but I think after doing a fantasy MMO, I want to try out a Sci-Fi world next.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:57 am

Also, what's the easiest way to back up my movie reviews? I want them for my job portfolio.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 am

Seigfreid wrote:
Also, what's the easiest way to back up my movie reviews? I want them for my job portfolio.

Best method would probably be copy-n'-paste to a text file. I won't be immediately taking the site down after November 1st, just that if there's no reply to if the forums are still needed for recruitment then there's no reason to keep them active and lead people on to believe Sfant Umbra is still alive. I don't know, it's their shell and their decision but I hate leaving the forums in a state of limbo like this.
Back to top Go down
Nesirae
Calator Fantomatic
Calator Fantomatic
Nesirae

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 am

If I was made an Admin, I'd open the shell but people can't join the forums so I can't change that. Since people can't join the forums, and no one is talking to me, I can't do anything.

Edit: Scratch that, I am an Admin, just didn't know I was. Yes, the shell is OPEN, but no one is joining or sending a tell my way.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:07 am

Nesirae wrote:
If I was made an Admin, I'd open the shell but people can't join the forums so I can't change that. Since people can't join the forums, and no one is talking to me, I can't do anything.

Edit: Scratch that, I am an Admin, just didn't know I was. Yes, the shell is OPEN, but no one is joining or sending a tell my way.

Forum recruitment should be open, it was enabled some time back. If people are having problems creating accounts on the forums then it's some other reason. I'll check to be certain but I do recall opening recruitment.
Back to top Go down
Nesirae
Calator Fantomatic
Calator Fantomatic
Nesirae

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:09 am

It is open, I checked, but no one's coming to me to ask ANY questions. I can't recruit if no one's interested...
Back to top Go down
Nesirae
Calator Fantomatic
Calator Fantomatic
Nesirae

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:49 am

Yes, this shell is dead. Please refer people to: DuskBlades. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:41 am

Nesirae wrote:
Yes, this shell is dead. Please refer people to: DuskBlades. Thanks.

All I can say is good luck Nesirae. If you ever come to FFXIV be sure to say hello. I'll leave the forums up for now but point a link to DuskBlades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the shell still active?   Is the shell still active? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the shell still active?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: Out Of Character Realm :: OOC Announcements-
Jump to: