Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Unlikely Pair

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iphel
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Iphel

An Unlikely Pair Empty
PostSubject: An Unlikely Pair   An Unlikely Pair I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Character Mini Sheet(s)

Screen Name:Juriri
Character Name: Juriri
Race: Tarutaru
Main Job: Hittaru-ing people with hammers. (WHM)
Subjob: Hittaru-ing people with sticks. (BLM)
Other Jobs: Keeping Iphel outaru of trouble-wouble.
Birthplace: Windurst
Residence: Windurst/San d'Oria
Family: Iphel - Brother, Kholo-Porolo - Brother, Keruru - Mother, Matalo-Kotalo - Father, Kuporu-Koporu - Moogle. Because a moogle is part of the family, too.

Appearance: Juriri stands at the perfect height - that is, the perfect height to have a clear shot at a hume's, well...
She's small, rotund, treads lightly and carries a very big stick, and occasionally a hammer. Hair styled in the manner of Shantotto, and a laugh far too reminiscent for comfort. Juriri is as Juriri is - a small, fiery bundle of pain that should never, never have been allowed to become a mage.
Character Bio Included? No.

Letter

To: Sfant Umbra Mercenary Agency

Perhaps in a method as far from tradition as the young Tarutaru herself was, Juriri's 'letter' was delivered via a chocobo chick; thoroughly crumpled, partially ripped, dusty from the winds and earth that drive across the Sarutabaruta plains -- the letter was miles away from ordinary. Especially once opened.
Instead of words, written in ink, and instead of traditional explanation, there appeared on the paper something akin to a number of crudely drawn stick-Tarus, crude chocobos, and, what one would assume to be, a stick-elvaan who happened to be labeled 'ifl'. It would likely take a fair while and a fair strain to work through what the letter was trying to communicate, but the main gist would eventually come to thus:
'This is me. I am a tarutaru. I am a white mage. I have a hammer. This is ifl (Iphel). He has fists. Let us in.'
The 'letter' would be signed with the seal of Windurst.

=====

Screen Name: Iphel
Character Name: Iphel [Surname unknown; occasionally goes by 'Yuphel' in the Tarutaru tradition.]
Race: Elvaan [or Overgrown 'Taru, depending on who you ask.]
Main Job: Eternally Poor Monk
Subjob: Somewhat Skilled Dancer, and exceptionally tall Tarutaru
Other Jobs: [MNK50, DNC34, WAR29; SMN, WHM, THF]
Birthplace: Unknown; assumed San d'Oria
Residence: San d'Oria
Family: Juriri - Sister, Kholo-Porolo - Brother, Keruru - Mother, Matalo-Kotalo - Father, Kuporu-Koporu - Moogle. Because a moogle is part of the family, too.

Appearance: Iphel is, and forever will be, everything that a Tarutaru simply is not. He's far too tall, his ears are too long, and he's skinny, and gangly, and lacks the characteristic, all-too-cute button nose that Tarutaru the world over should - and do - have. All of this is likely the result of him not, in fact, being a Tarutaru at all. So far as Elvaan go, he's short, wiry, boyish, and nothing out of the ordinary, save for being a complete disgrace to the entirety of the great Kingdom of San d'Oria.

Character Bio: More of a log of previous RP experiences with Iphel, but here. Posts of nore: [A Brief History], [Upon granting of his first linkshell], [First Airship Ride, and first trip through the maws]
Some aspects may/may not be changed.

Letter

To: Sfant Umbra Mercenary Agency

The letter was standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing interesting or unusual. The paper was standard-issue San d'Orian Adventurer's stationary, complete with watermark and San d'Orian wax seal.There was no signature in blood, nor was there faint perfume, nor blooding text. The letter was delivered in standard fashion, by a well-dressed, public courier, and the printing enclosed inside was neat, tidy, and simple - not a single embellishment on any letter, though there seemed to be something distinctly Tarutaru about the letter 't's - unable to place just what.

The letter read thusly, in simple, ordinary words:

Sfant Umbra,
It has come to my attention that you are seeking adventurers for work; being an adventurer of few coins, and fewer still with each day, I have written this letter seeking work. I have trained for fifty seasons as a monk, and am well accustomed to working on my own. I can work quickly, and efficiently, and will do as asked, to the best of my ability. It would honour me greatly should you consider me for employment.

Signed,
Iphel

No motivations beyond the need for money, the letter was without anything of particular note, much as it's writer was nothing terribly out of the norm. Except for those odd little 't's...

======================================
Note: As I do not currently reside on Asura server, my appearance is pending acceptance; as hopeful as I am, I'd really rather not dish out the $25 to transfer servers, to be rejected. Should one, or both, of these applications be accepted, would it be possible to do the interviews on a character I do have on the server? Interviews would be conducted as Iphel and/or Juriri, but on the handle of Nahaye instead - would this be possible?
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

An Unlikely Pair Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Pair   An Unlikely Pair I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:55 pm

(I love your characters already. lol.

I have no problem with you doing interviews on a different alt or even doing them via messenger.

Just let me know)
Back to top Go down
Iphel
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Iphel

An Unlikely Pair Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Pair   An Unlikely Pair I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:54 am

[ Awesome. :3 I'd prefer Messenger to IG, ideally;

Shall I PM you my messengers? Or is simply posting them to the public taboo?

I (or I guess you) can remove these if need be.

MSN: juriri@mintemail.com
AIM: whmjuriri ]
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

An Unlikely Pair Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Pair   An Unlikely Pair I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:31 pm

( Its np for you to post messenger:

I use MSN a lot as crystalwarriorkitty@yahoo.com

I'll look for you tonight, around 8 PM Pacific. )
Back to top Go down
Iphel
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Iphel

An Unlikely Pair Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Pair   An Unlikely Pair I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:03 pm

I've been terribly busy the last few days; you may be able to catch me tonight, however. o 0o;
My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

An Unlikely Pair Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Pair   An Unlikely Pair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm

No problem.

I'll look for you tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Unlikely Pair Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Pair   An Unlikely Pair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Unlikely Pair
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: A Mercenary's Life :: Recruitment Board-
Jump to: