Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Niami
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber

Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida Empty
PostSubject: Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida   Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Screen Name: Niami
Character Name: Niami Amarida
Race: Mithra
Main Job: Dragoon
Subjob: Thief
Other Jobs: Bard, Corsair
Birthplace: Mhaura
Residence: San d'Oria
Family: Aunt: Xetha; Husband: Glavan (presumed dead)

Appearance: Snow-white hair that's constantly in disarray, usually with some beaded braids in there. Ice blue eyes, medium height, a dragon tattoo on her left upper arm is visible when she's wearing something sleeveless. She still wears her wedding ring.

Character Bio Included? Niami sat quietly at her writing desk, the fireplace crackling serenely nearby. Her writing hand was paused over a sheet of parchment, just after the words: "To: Sfant Umbra Mercenary Agency." Her reunion with Drusenija had been a delightful surprise, but this mercenary group Dru had signed up with.. her friend could tell her little about it. Plus she had no idea what her current employer, Professor Volger, would think about her moonlighting.

Still, she reflected, it probably wasn't a bad idea. The professor had simply instructed her to train until she felt she was ready for the big mission. A merc group could provide missions that helped with her training and made her some cash on the side, right?

The mithra put her pen down and brushed her fingers over the tattoo on her other arm. It had been a long time since she'd been in the company of other mercenaries. She closed her eyes as the thought opened a floodgate of memories. Her flame-haired Elvaan husband, their closest comrades, the warm nights in Kazham spent drinking cold ale in hammocks, swapping stories of latest escapades, the memories were so strong she could almost feel the warm salt air.

"Glavan," she murmured. She shook her head to clear her mind, and stood to open a window for air. Best to think about the present, about her friends still living, waiting for her somewhere far to the south. About the professor and his highly paid mission. About the training she had to concentrate on. She let out a long slow breath and sat down again to write.

Letter

To: Sfant Umbra Mercenary Agency

It has come to my attention through one of your newer members, Drusenija, that your mercenary group has recently been looking for able-bodied members. While my time is limited to perhaps the next year at most, I am interested in what work you have to offer.

I am Niami Amarida, formerly of the Twilight Dragons, formerly of Windurst, currently a citizen of San d'Oria and knowledgeable of most ports of call in Vana'diel. If you are interested in my services, please contact me and we can meet in person to discuss mutual opportunities.

Regards,
N. Amarida
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida   Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:21 pm

[Hehe, hi Niami! Nice to see old faces once more. Unfortunately Sfant Umbra is a new start for many of us dating back to the CoA days so character histories were rewritten or otherwise changed. So for consistency, if you plan to keep your character's history it might require tweaking in parts where current characters may have had interaction in the days before Sfant Umbra. You're probably aware of this but wanted to inform you in case you weren't. Oh and speaking of Glavan, while it was OOC and Sair wouldn't recognize him anyway IC, I spotted Glavan in Aht Urhgan. Razz ]
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Niami
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber

PostSubject: Re: Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida   Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey Sair, not really sure what you mean by tweaking? So did you just erase your histories entirely?

Niami's history is pretty much the same as it always was:

Born and raised in Mhaura, childhood friends with Aeran (before she lost her memory), mom died in goblin ambush, raised by aunt, born to be a thief, moved to Windurst and joined COA.

However, (as you probably know) my ex bf took the info for my account and sold it when I broke up with him (you remember Kharhaaz, I'm sure heh), so I had to recreate Nia. To explain why she's no longer a fully merited bard with all kinds of awesome gears and riches, I created a narrative where Nia went in to Dynamis-Xarcabard and was badly wounded and left in the Dynamis world for a long time until someone found her. She's not fully amnesiac of course, but there's a lot of her past that's really hazy or that she doesn't quite remember very well.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida   Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:44 am

Hey Niami, remember me? I joined towards the end of CoA's time.

Anyway, you may not have to really tweak anything, its just yes, as Sair said, everyone's histories were completely erased and started over and clean slates. Tsumi isn't the same Tsumi from CoA, Sair isn't the same, no one is really the same as they used to be.

So no one will recognize her and she shouldn't recognize them.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida   Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:01 am

[Seig hit the nail on the head. It wasn't a choice we really wanted to make but in previous linkshells things got a little too hectic with things that fit within the "realism" of Vana'diel. The leaders of Tapestry had originally intended to create a new RPLS and slowly phase out Tapestry to start anew because of this. Unfortunately RL problems at the time kept them from doing this so a few of us moved on to a new one ourselves with their consent.

In order to fit characters within the guidelines we came up with some or at least most of us had to choose between our old RP histories or new RP histories. I won't deny I miss the past and all but as wild as I got with Sair I can personally say this is something I needed to do. But as I said with the tweaking, you don't need to erase Niami's history, but tweaking will have to be made in regards to characters who histories were erased or wouldn't fit in our current guidelines. Other than that, Niami's history of growing up in Mhaura, running TD, and marrying Glavan should be able to remain the same. Any questions you may have feel free to PM me, Nesirae, or Tsumi about.]

EDIT: [Oh and a note about the past regarding characters like Aeran, the Council will have to discuss it but chances are the relation with her spawning a demon or something of herself from a tattoo or whatever that was again, will probably need to be rewritten or omitted from roleplay.]

EDIT 2: [The being trapped in Dynamis and losing memory would be a good cover-up for it. I don't think anyone will have a problem with that.]
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida   Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragoon on a mission: Niami Amarida
Page 1 of 1