Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RP Character Deleted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Veraude
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Veraude

RP Character Deleted Empty
PostSubject: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:56 pm

This was a character I carried over, along with a storyline, from another RPLS. For several reasons and circumstances, I've decided to discontinue this character and would prefer it if his existence be removed from continuity. I plan to recycle some elements of this character, as he wasn't notably tied into any storylines with people from this RPLS. If possible, please delete this thread.

Last edited by Veraude on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:49 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Very nice letter. Keep a look out for myself (Seigfreid/Raemorgoth), or Tsumi/Ashtari/Sirrobin, Sairan, or Nesirae.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:46 am

[Quite detailed there. Anyway I noticed you didn't use our standard layout. While it really isn't a problem I gotta ask if you could also put your character's IG name. I'm guessing it's Veraude but if you could include that it'd be of help when searching for you.]

EDIT: [I'd also request that you give a specific age other than an estimate. It's supposed to have been about 20-21 years since the fall of the Shadow Lord and the end of the Crystal War Era. As long as it isn't an extreme change, should you fill out a character bio (Not required) later you can tweak your character's age a little if needed afterwards. And if you could, please include any family your character may have (Doesn't need to be specific, but info such as your character's parents, any siblings, pets, relatives.) as well. Thanks.]
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 pm

( Nice to see you Ver. The main reason for asking for more than a ballpark age is since we're going for a more realistic feel in this LS. You may be asked to clarify a few things OOC in the interview for that purpose which wouldn't be revealed to anyone else. As long as you can do that we don't mind if you want to keep a few things secret for RP purposes.

As long as your "Appears to be" only means he's one of those people that just looks older or younger than their actual age there should be no problem. We just want to avoid the "1000 year old Alchemist that looks 20 because he made a top secret formula" scenario. I doubt that's your intent (since I've rped with you before) but just explaining our position.

I'll check for u and the other applicants when I'm on this week. For me that Mon, Wed, Thurs, Friday and Sunday most likely.)
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:49 pm

[Thanks for making the updates Veraude. Anyway I can agree with what Tsu said then, if there's RP reasoning behind the age estimate as long as you can explain it to a council member OOC (That'd be me, Tsumi, or Nesirae.) then that's fine. Unfortunately a friend's birthday is today so he's got me stuck helping him get Carbuncle Mitts tonight but depending on how long that takes (And your availability) I might be able to interview you tonight.]
Back to top Go down
Veraude
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Veraude

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:04 pm

I got a new keyboard, so I'll be in FF11 tonight if anyone would like to roleplay. I haven't been able to play the last two days since my old one died suddenly.

About the age thing, my character isn't a 1000 year old alchemist with a secret youth formula. Everybody knows that formula has only been around for like 500 years in Vana'diel. Also, as someone with alchemy levelled, lemme tell you, its no immortality serum, just eyeliner (see "Kohl"). You'd be amazed how much younger an elvaan looks when you can't see any wrinkles or bags around his eyes. He's just a normal mortal, with nothing special or normally unattainable.

Anyway, I guess my character is in his late 30s. I'm not specific on EXACTLY how long he was gone from San d'Oria, but somewhere around 15-20 years. My character was alive during the Crystal War, which is my in-character explanation for my melee training. I originally thought the Crystal War was only a decade ago, so he was originally only gonna be gone for like 10 years. Vana'diel lore can be pretty vague. Anyway, Veraude was somewhere around 18-23, standard military age, when the war was going on. I want my character to look young enough though to give off the impression that he's essentially spent his entire life in faraway lands. He may as well be a foreigner, in modern San d'Oria.

I put "Early 20s (in appearance)" because the way I imagine my character's appearance looks good for his age. If I put "Appears to be in his 40s." like my buddy DS did, I thought it would give off the impression I'm as grizzled and old looking as his character. Have you seen his picture? He's not Auron in FFX was gray and weathered too, and he was only like 35. Final Fantasy isn't forgiving to anyone not in their early 20s.

I figured putting "looks in his 20s" down would be OK, since there are a lot of actors in their late 30s and early 40s who always play 20 year olds. You'd be surprised how old some pretty young looking people are. Anyway, I thought, if they could that good, some rich noble could too. Afterall, its what separates San d'Orian nobles like myself from you dirty, common... commoners!

I don't want there to be any issues or misunderstandings. I figured I could just RP something cheeky and amusing, like "Oh, actually I'm 40. Cosmetics work wonders." I like giving as little info out, even if OOC, about my character as possible, because I feel often people will just write down everything about their character, instead of trying to convey it through roleplay. I see what you guys want to know now. This is out of character info though, so be surprised if you ever find out in-character that I'm just so damn pretty and healthy for my age!

Hope you guys understand. ^_^d
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 am

[It's all good, we didn't suspect you were planning to do anything outlandish. We just wanted to know if there was a reason you were withholding an accurate age from the letter. Everything other than the letter body is considered like an OOC mini-bio, designed for people and recruiters to get a quick look at your character. Nobody at any time is supposed to actively know that information IC unless specifically stated by the applicant or acquired through regular roleplay.

Additionally, if something is supposed to be hidden for a sense of suspense or surprise to others (secrets revealed to others only via IC means always tend to garner more authentic reactions.) it can be done so but must be privately screened to the Council for approval.]
Back to top Go down
Veraude
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Veraude

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:38 am

Pearled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Character Deleted   RP Character Deleted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Character Deleted
Page 1 of 1