Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Man 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

Iron Man 2 Empty
PostSubject: Iron Man 2   Iron Man 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:17 am

Iron Man 2

When the first Iron Man movie hit the big screens, Marvel not only proved that it is leading in the comic book movie adaptations, but they also do not need to rely on Spider Man and X-Men to prove it. But with movie sequels being rather hit or miss, how does this one fare up?

Everyone can relax and take a deep breath; as Iron Man 2 is a great, and consistent sequel to Iron Man. Though it may have lost some (and I mean just some) of its feeling, Iron Man 2 is by no means a waste of film.

Robert Downey Junior portrays much more of Tony Stark than in the last film; mostly the heavy drinking and playfulness. Rather you have read the comics or not, you should be able to point at the screen while Tony is drunk at his party and state "That is so Tony Stark to a T!". From the drinking, to the feeling bad about his technology being discovered, Tony Stark's true emotions really show through in this movie compared to the first.

Don Cheadle (who replaced Terrence Howard as Rhodes/War Machine) makes just as good of a Rhodes as Terrence did. In fact, he seems more at home in the War Machine suit than Terrence would have. When he dons the Mach 2 suit to knock some sense into a drunk Tony, you really see the seriousness in his eyes.

There is one word of warning to this movie. If you loved Spider Man 2 because it featured more of Spider Man himself instead of the origin/back story stuff, Iron Man two will go almost 30 minutes before you see Tony don the Iron Man suit. Iron Man 2 is meant to touch on the character flaws of Tony himself, instead of showing Iron Man scene after Iron Man scene. If this ruins the movie for you all ready, then all hope is lost for you.

Bottom line, if you loved the first movie, or at least liked it, you should definitely give this movie a watch, while its in theaters. It is flat out amazing, and touches even more on the Avengers. Oh does it ever touch on the Avengers. Nick Fury showing up again, Black Widow joining in, and make sure, make absolutely sure, you stay after the credits to watch the special scene.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

Iron Man 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Iron Man 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:19 am

I'll probably touch up on it a bit more tomorrow, like the special effects and villain actors, but I just wanted it up now so you all know how AWESOME this movie is.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

Iron Man 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Iron Man 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Sounds like I'll enjoy it and they stay true to Tony Starks character. They have 2 horrible cartoons on now here they destroy his character.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

Iron Man 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Iron Man 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:25 pm

So I've heard lol. But yes, I'm sure you will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iron Man 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Iron Man 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Man 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: Out Of Character Realm :: OOC General Chat :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: