Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... Empty
PostSubject: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Last night the Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 servers uttered its last breath and along with it, my Playstation 3. About an hour after midnight it shut down and gave the infamous YLOD. So now I'm without a PS3... For now. After I return from my convention this weekend I'm gonna gather up the stuff needed to repair my PS3. If luck's on my side it should be an easy repair and doable. So wish me luck, I might need it. Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:18 pm

Ooooh, that sucks man. Hey, least it doesn't happen as often as Xbox's RROD
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:00 am

Update: Con was fun... Saw some cool stuff, got a Nintendo DSi now... Apart from that now discovering something'd fudged up in my PSP now too, can't reactivate the damned system so wasted $45 on LittleBigPlanet PSP and cannot download/play it. Apparently the system has been activated to too many accounts yet I don't know how or when.

Picked up the stuff needed to fix the PS3 so should be set to begin this weekend on that project. I'll need to dismantle it, (Already done.) clean it, reflow the solder with a heat gun (Bake the sucker to soften up the solder on the chips so it bonds again.) then let it cool and apply some thermal paste before reassembling it again. Providing I don't fudge a step or short circuit the system I'm good.

EDIT: Forgot to add I'm beginning to hate Sony...
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:40 am

Update: HUZZAH~~! My Playstation 3 is working once more! Got the liquid flux in today's mail and went to work on the PS3... Started about 6PM and almost 4 hours later (First time doing a repair like this.) I succeeded in reviving my PS3! My 60GB PS3 lives again! Total cost: Roughly $30-33 to repair.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:46 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Crystala
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 am

I have a ps3 Very Happy the newest one. 80g i think? i also have a psp Very Happy is there a way i can play final fantasy 11 that u know of on my ps3 that would make playing the game MUCH more enjoyable. i dont wanna buy another ps2. and any cool stuff u know about ps3/psp please let me know o.O i use to be able to put ps1 games on my psp for free Razz but i got rid of the program to do it.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 am

You'd have to go to the PSN and download the Playstation 2 data pack, which takes 20 gigs I think. That lets you play the ps2 games that required the HDD (though XI is the only one I think did lol). Then just use the ps2 discs to install it.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

I hope to see you ig soon. Bad health + extra work= meltdown and not playing games. I just didn't feel I could mentally or emotionally RP or concentrate last week so I apologize for not being around lol.
Back to top Go down
Crystala
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm

aw man! i gotta have the ps2 version???!?!?!?!?! x.x that suuucks lol but i'll look into it thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Crystala wrote:
aw man! i gotta have the ps2 version???!?!?!?!?! x.x that suuucks lol but i'll look into it thanks Very Happy

Personally I'd recommend playing FFXI on PC rather than PS3... Or play it on 360 even. The PS3 may "upscale" games but FFXI looks worse than on the actual PS2 console. It runs slower too. Honestly the backwards compatibility only works effectively for some games, others just look better on a true PS2 compared to emulation on a PS3, be it emulation software or the emotion chip.

But anyway, the PS2 System software is first required as Seig said, which can be freely downloaded from PSN. It only takes a few MB for the software but to install FFXI it reserves about 20GB of the PS3's HDD to do so but only if you have software that uses the HDD installed.
Back to top Go down
Crystala
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

see i put in the HDD disc to isntall it and it just said that the disc wasn't compatible. and i did download the ps2 emulater. i dont know why its not working Sad oh well
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:29 pm

You should probably make sure you have the 80GB model. FFXI will not work unless you have a 20GB, 60GB, or the CECHE01 version of the 80GB. On the back of the PS3 it'll have a small sticker with the serial, you should be able to find the model number here. But if it's saying the disc isn't compatible then chances are yours isn't a BC model. For more info check these sites:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=232
http://us.playstation.com/support/compatiblestatus/

But in short if your 80GB is a CECHK01 or CECHL01 it's not backwards compatible. But the easiest way to check is the number of USB ports located on the front of the system. Systems with BC capabilities have 4 ports whereas the others have 2.
Back to top Go down
Crystala
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:09 am

nope Sad only 2 usb ports LAAAAAME Sad
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:28 pm

/comfort Crystala
Back to top Go down
Crystala
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:53 pm

hey when is someone gonna be on? Sad im sorry i had to work a double wednesday so i couldnt be on, whens the next time u guys are gonna be on? i could make some coolio event ideas if u want ^.^ im gonna be unlocking bst (hopefully) tomorrow so i can get in character Very Happy im 29whm right now. just 1 more lvl
Back to top Go down
Nesirae
Calator Fantomatic
Calator Fantomatic
Nesirae

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:36 am

I can be on later tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...   Can we rebuild it...? I hope so... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can we rebuild it...? I hope so...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: Out Of Character Realm :: OOC General Chat-
Jump to: