Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello, I have a few questions...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mae

Hello, I have a few questions... Empty
PostSubject: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm

A friend and I have recently returned to the game, and we're both interested in RPing with your group. We've been poking through this site, and we think we've gotten a good idea on what would be expected of us. I have a few questions that, if someone could take the time to answer, I'd be much appreciative.

First being how accepting the group is of "special flowers". Not that one of us is hoping to be some Galka-Zilart-Moogle crossbreed that's been traveling across space and time in a mutant banana-rocketship (I think I just lost brain-cells trying to imagine that one). I mean along the lines of having an injury/disability that can, will, and does occasionally make "normal life" a bit difficult for the character.

Second would be how active the group is. We're not looking for a group that always has thirty members online and is constantly having an event of one sort or another, we'd just like to find a group that has at least a handful of members that are on at least a few times a week. On the same note, is there a "prime time" for catching RP with the group and, if so, when is it?

Third... only concerns me. I used to be a member of Gauntlet. Without going into much detail, I quietly left Gauntlet on my own. But someone who I was friends with at the time (not the person that's returned to the game with me) went out of his way to cause troubles with Gauntlet, and he managed to drag my name into his BS. The friends I had left in Gauntlet mostly avoided me after the incident. I know this isn't Gauntlet, but I recognize several Big Names from back then... If I apply to this group and am accepted, will I be allowed a clean slate?
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 pm

1) I wouldn't see a problem as long as its not too...out in left field. Nannette is a blind, cripple for example.

2) Um...I'll have to let someone else answer that one. Because of the kind of assignments I need to do this semester, I haven't been able to play much at all. But a lot of our members are Pacific based, so if you're on the Eastern side (like me and a couple others are) you'll find most members at 8 pm and later (in Eastern time).

3) We've pretty much whipped Gauntlet from existence. As in all our characters are rebooted since this LS started. As an Enforcer level member, I don't see why you can't be brought in. Especially if you weren't the trouble maker at all.

Welcome back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 am

Hi Mae, might I ask what your character name was back then? I don't actually play FFXI anymore these days but I'm curious if I might've known you. (Sair, Mihana, Valris were a few of my characters.)

Anyway, Seig answered the questions anyway but I'll throw in my two cents:

1.) Back in the days of Gauntlet and such there was alot of big things flying around (Half-gods, possessed people, gender switching, etc.) so as long as any disabilities you had in mind don't fall into that area, there shouldn't be a problem. Just remember tho that if you choose a disability like maybe having an amputated body part or blindness for example, it's gonna have to be permanent. No waving a magic wand, being rebirthed by a certain pheonix, or other supernatural abilities to suddenly cure it. Really, just ask and the council would be happy to work with you on it if you're unsure.

2.) I don't really know about these days but the LS is pretty small when I was still playing. For the most part Tsumi was just about always around playing. I think there's been a slow influx of new members as of late so you're bound to run into someone during at least the evening hours pacific time.

3.) Like Seigfried said, this LS was considered a new start for most if not all its members. Past stories, backgrounds, and experiences were either rewritten or erased. Things that couldn't be explained or fit within the rules were removed and/or modified to fit. So as he said, all past experiences and the existence of Gauntlet, Tapestry, or any other past LS we've been in never existed RP-wise.

But to touch up on the clean slate thing, you said you left on your own so I really wouldn't see any problems. After all it wasn't you but your friend that was the problem, right? I can understand your worry and concern but as long as you weren't creating problems for anyone here or plan to create them now then there should be no issues for what happened in the past.

---

Hope this helped answer your questions. Again the one to contact is Tsumi there. And to anyone else reading this (Seig, Tsu, Nes, etc.) I've actually been giving it a little thought as of late... the itch to return to FFXI has been slowly creeping up on me. I'm not making any promises here but I may consider firing up my account again and rejoining the fray. WoW is nice, but the times really can't compare to those I had with all of you here...
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Mae

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 am

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. My friend and I are currently working on profiles/backstories, and will probably be applying fairly soon.

Regarding the injury/disability thing, I believe the plan is that it has already been "cured" as much as possible, and the cure is not perfect and causes appropriate issues/problems that will be used/acted out in RP.

My friend and I are Eastern and Central time, but we're usually on til 11p my time so we'll at least get some time with others around. Again, we weren't looking for something super-active; we just want something where we aren't the ONLY people around.

As for the clean-slate thing... thank you. You're all correct, I never participated or approved in this person's actions. I would've preferred a quiet break where things were at least at a no-fire state. From what I understand of what happened, the backlashes I had were the result of him listing me as a co-instigator/supporter whenever he caused trouble.

Hindsight being what it is, I probably would've saved myself a whole lot of grief if I had listened to my husband and my friend and not gotten involved with the person who made a mess of things here in FFXI three years ago. When my friend and I switched to WoW, I felt bad for the guy and brought him with me... and boy, did it bite me in the butt. He ruined a lot of things for me, then had the nerve to claim innocence. Those who know me know that I'm usually a pretty forgiving person who doesn't hold grudges... but there are some things that are unforgivable.

@Sair: You and I RP'd together less than a handful of times, and it was always in passing. I think our longest was a fifteen minute conversation over the pearl while you were waiting for an airship.

WoW RP is nice but it does lose it's shine after a bit, doesn't it? I used to RP Horde-side on Steamwheedle Cartel, but early last year it suffered a "witch hunt". Things were so bad and when we realized there was no way to stop it, most of my friends either cut for Alliance-side on Wyrmrest (if you know Mieya, give her a big hug for me and tell her that Drei says "Hi!") or, like I did, left altogether.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Actually I haven't engaged in much RP, it seems most people want to engage in the more "mature" style of RP if you get my drift. Isn't really something I care to participate in so I spend most my time just soloing and maybe hitting up passing by RP when in Stormwind.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Mae

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Aah, yes... I know exactly what you mean. Sadly, in WoW that's usually the "most easily found" form of "RP" Ally-side. I can't explain it, it's just something that runs rampant in Goldshire, Darkshore, and Astranaar (Horde-side, it's usually ZOMG!BelfAnimeScourgieDeeks threatening doom and destruction on Brill). It's probably the main reason I didn't follow my circle's exodus to WrA. Look up Mieya. She's one of my top-five favorite people to RP with ever. If she can't point you towards halfway-decent RP there, then there's probably none to be found.

From all accounts, though, WrA is still a much cleaner server than Moon Guard. THAT place is scary... like, make sure you get your immunizations before visiting, go into quarantine after your visit, and be ready to demand a paternity test when that random girl you accidentally sneezed near while you were walking through Ironforge suddenly becomes pregnant and claims you're the father (or other-mother).

WoW RP in general, though, is much different from FFXI. Not nearly as... compelling, I guess. All while I was playing WoW, I was still writing/drawing for FFXI (and actually tried to re-incarnate my FFXI character there at one point... it didn't work out). And now that I've come back to FFXI, I haven't bothered colouring leftover WoW artwork or finishing my main's "farewell" story.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi:

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I've had a hard few weeks with a lot of late work nights plus I've now come down sick.

Sair and Seig pretty much said it all. Right now, since Nes is in school and can't play, I'm the only one in Council to interview but we can always go over any issues you have in the OOC part and it would be kept strictl confidential. I'm big on second chances for people that may have had trouble in the past in any form and if you weren't the instigator I wouldn't see it as a problem.

As of right now a lot aren't on the shell all of the time even when I'm on it but when we have RP night a lot show. If there were a few that hung out on the pearl more then I think others would too. I'm on pretty late as a rule too.

I'm not sure I'll be on a lot over the next couple of nights being sick but I will be around afer that most nights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I have a few questions...   Hello, I have a few questions... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, I have a few questions...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: Out Of Character Realm :: The Pit-
Jump to: