Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account Empty
PostSubject: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Well...

This new feature may just have made it so that I can't play FFXI. I only have one real credit card which I currently use to for yearly business expenses and pay off in chunks when I make a sale. With a balance on the the card to add more each month would actually make it so I'd have to make a payment so high it would be impossible for me to maintain.

None of my debit cards work with the secure code. I called to POL and they said it wouldn't cancel my service this period but it would the next. They currently have no work around and are not sure if they will have one.

Basically their solution is to call again next month and hope they can. I'm not opening a new credit card or bank account just to play FFXI. So I'm sorry guys but SE may just have effectively "banned" me from the game.

If some CSR areright I have until february of 2011 to play. If the one I spoke to is right I might be cancelled by SE at anytime. This has me so mad I just may forget about it.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Btw- I just checked and my one and only credit card is also not supported...
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Oh no...Don't quit on us Tsumi, there must be something that can be done. Perhaps a prepaid card that is accepted? You just put the months payment on it before its taken out? Its not opening another account or anything, its just putting real money on a card.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:17 pm

I have one of thse too but its not accepted. Unless there's a list of easily attainable cards supported somewhere it would be a long process of trial and error which I don't have time or patience for.

Basically I'll just have to hope they address this and hope they don't close it.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 am

I hope it doesn't come to that Tsu! I don't know if it helps or not but my bank U.S. Bank, does support Verified By Visa for their debit/checking cards. Checking is free, no hidden fees (That I'm aware of other than bounced checks, overdraft, etc.) and they don't require a minimum deposit to keep the account active. And I know there are some somewhere down in California (I spotted one somewhere in LA if I recall.) so you should be able to get one. Just be sure to open it as a checking and not savings account. Additionally, seems the Visa cards issued by Chase (WaMU) work too, just not their Mastercard versions.

And for the record... I have a Moneytree Cash Solutions Card by Visa too, unfortunately it's not supported either...

EDIT: Doing a quick search I came across a "virtual" Pre-paid Debit Card that is supported by "Verified By Visa". There's some fees for loading/re-loading the card but a valid Visa card is required to sign up.

https://www.www-card.com/Screens/UsersManagement/HomePage.aspx

EDIT2: If that's not your cup-o'-tea, providing you can verify your Paypal account (Generally just a valid bank or credit card account will suffice with proof of address.) you can enroll for a Paypal Debit Card. Just upgrade to a Premier (From what I can see there are no fees, just enables you to use said account for using your account on eBay for selling/offering services.) account then fill out the application.

Last edited by SamusKnight2K on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:58 am

Ty to you both Sair and Seig for giving me some options to look into.

My card is a wamu so I'm going to try and get chase to give me a visa debit tomorrow as a first resort. I'll let you know what happens. I hope they don't close it before I can find a solution.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:11 am

Tsumi wrote:
Ty to you both Sair and Seig for giving me some options to look into.

My card is a wamu so I'm going to try and get chase to give me a visa debit tomorrow as a first resort. I'll let you know what happens. I hope they don't close it before I can find a solution.

Just a note Tsu, I'm not sure if they offer Visa debit cards. My friend has WaMU and his Mastercard won't work but he also has a credit card by that same company that's a Visa and he was able to verify that one. But like I was saying above about Paypal, that's an option there too and if I read some articles correctly, their cards SHOULD be compatible with the Securecode thing for Mastercard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:43 pm

/sad face

I hope something can be done to fix this situation, I hope you'll be able to stay. I just got back and now you might be leaving.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:58 pm

Well I decied not to go to my bank and wait in the long line to talk to someone and just try that online card. I'll try that and since its got that its supported by secure visa it should work. It seems like the option with less hassle.

I'm not giving up though I'm mad.

Last edited by Tsumi on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Veraude
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Veraude

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 am

Yeah, I'm having trouble too. I know how you feel.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Tsumi wrote:
Well I decied not to go to my bank and wait in the long line to talk to someone and just try that online card. I'll try that and since its got that its supported by secure visa it should work. It seems like the option with less hassle.

I'm not giving up though I'm mad.

Well there is one downfall of that card tho Tsu... They're reloadable only so many times meaning you'll have to continuously change your billing info every so often. That is unless you can put a large hunk of change on the card to fund your FFXI account. I'd suggest only using this as a temporary fix for now. Also what I had read somewhere on Alla, I guess a person using a Washington Mutual (WaMu/Chase) card was able to authenticate theirs.

And from what I had also read (Sorry, again don't have the source.) some banks already have their cards authorized for use with the VerifiedByVisa/SecureCode thing. Just requires you contact your bank to find out. And lastly, if posters on Alla are correct, the new security feature may only affect new registrants and those changing their billing info. So in other words, unless you need to update your info (Using a new card, your card expires, etc.) it should be fine to use your current billing information.

Link: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1248839026268972107&page=4

(Press CTRL+F and do a search for "YulanaCaitsith".)

YulanaCaitsith on Allakhazam.com wrote:
I was wondering the same thing since I too pay for two accounts (my account and my boyfriend's). I just had a very quick chat with POL on their online chat service...

SEI POL Chris S: Hello, Yulana, thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
Yulana: Thank you!
SEI POL Chris S: Multiple accounts can be paid for with a single credit card.
SEI POL Chris S: If there is a credit card that is currently on the account as a valid form of payment, it will continue to be the valid form of payment with no additional changes needed. It is only when updating the form of payment/creating a new account that the new systems would need to be used.
Yulana: Ah alright! This actually answered all of my concerns, thank you so much Smile
SEI POL Chris S: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Yulana?
Yulana: No, that's all for now!
SEI POL Chris S: Thank you for visiting PlayOnline Chat support, Yulana! Take care and hope to see you online!
Thank you for visiting our PlayOnline Chat line. Take care and hope to see you online!
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

This also confirms Tzarcastic's earlier post about current cards on file that are unable to be registered... you're fine until you need to update them!

I hope this helps everyone ^^
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Well, I've decided to lay low and see if any other options come up. My account hasn't been cancelled and from what I read unless I have to update my information I'll be okay until my card's experation date in 2011. Therefore the only reason I might be out of the game is if I have to close it due to my own finances and stop playing for awhile.

This means I can take my time and hopefully either one of three things can happen:

1) SE makes their own prepaided card available for us.

2) I make enough money (basically the blance is only still there since work is so slo for me atm) to pay-off my balance on my crappy credit card and get a Chase Visa. This doesn't bother me since I planned to get rid of the card I currently have anyway.

3) The posts that claim I can update on my PS2 without needing a secure codes are true and I can do that.

So anyway that's what I've decided.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Hm, maybe I should update to my new card on my ps2 instead of pc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account   I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm So Mad I Might Just Quit Before They Can Shut Down My Account
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: Out Of Character Realm :: OOC General Chat-
Jump to: