Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline Empty
PostSubject: Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline   Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:15 am

PlayOnline wrote:

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we will soon implement a security feature for your protection known as The Payer Authentication Service (3-D Secure). This will be implemented on July 29 at around 2:00 (PDT) after the scheduled registration server maintenance. You can activate these services now at the below URLs:

Visa customers: www.VerifiedByVisa.com
MasterCard customers: www.SecureCode.com

All customers are encouraged to activate the appropriate service beforehand to avoid any issues once the services are implemented. Anyone updating their payment information after July 29 will need to register with the appropriate service before the change can be made.

* Please be sure to check with your credit card company if you are not sure if this service is supported.

* If you are a current PlayOnline member and your credit card company does not support this service, please contact the Information Center for further assistance. Be sure to have the payment method ready when you contact the Information Center.

If you have any questions about these new services, we encourage you to visit the above URLs. Also, the PlayOnline Information Center can be contacted at the below times for further assistance.

We hope you will find additional peace of mind with these security features.

PlayOnline Information Center
https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
===

I suggest if you haven't already, make sure your bank offers this service. Chances are if your card is ever declined for some reason or another and your bank does not offer this service then you're screwed... @_@ For those using pre-paid debit cards (Moneytree, store-brand ones, etc.) be careful to check if the card is supported by the links above. Good luck.

Links
PlayOnline US: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news16614.shtml
Allakhazam: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=19038
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline   Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:33 am

All ready did. I don't see why people on Alla are going up in arms about this. Its just another way to keep yourself from being hacked, and RMT people from playing.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline   Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm a victim of what they are complaining about so I may not be able to play.

So yes I"m upset Seig and I think its legitmate to be when a game company makes a rule that makes it impossible to play.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline   Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Copied From My Post On Alla:

Quote :
Since I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over I thought an easy reference thread would be nice. Here is a collection of threads and information on the Secure Card that should help all of us get around this problem.

First the following threads contain answers to questions on the policy thanks to Pikko’s hard work:

Secure Card Facts

Additional Information Regarding Secure Card

The following are posts with information regarding cards that work in this system by catergory:

Banks that don’t work and do work

Prepaid Card Options that work

NOTE: Customer Service now evidently has the ability to update your card manually if you don’t have the Secure Card option.[/b] It has been confirmed (See Additional Information thread above) at least twice they are now able to do this it was just their SE CSR were only given the ability to do this 2 weeks later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline   Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1