Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operation: Pixie Rescue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

Operation: Pixie Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Operation: Pixie Rescue   Operation: Pixie Rescue I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Greetings fellow mercenaries, my name is Sair. During my travels to and from the mysterious entities only known as Cavernous Maws I came to discover the Beastmen of Vana'diel's past have captured and enslaved a number of creatures called "Pixies". Due to the war these allies of Altana were nearly wiped out in sheer numbers leaving the ones of today either hiding or extinct. A client has stepped forward asking us to rescue the pixies from the clutches of the Beastmen. I for one can say my life has been spared by a passing pixie who graciously healed my wounds. Therefore I whole-heartedly encourage members of Sfant Umbra to take on this task.

I've succeeded in already obtaining a single pixie from a goblin mercenary but it appears a strong seal has been placed upon its prison. Word from the client suggests taking it to a place called Witchfire Glen in Grauberg may weaken the seal enough to free it. If you're up for the task please find and free as many pixies as you can. Good luck.

(OOC Notes)

Many of the Beastmen carry an item called "Bottled Pixie". They are Rare/EX so you can only carry one at a time. Recommended level is 55 and up if you have a group to fight these as they con EP to DC to a 59. In order to participate the expansion "Wings of the Goddess" is required.

Once you obtain a bottled pixie you have to take it to the Fay Spring in Witchfire Glen found in the Grauberg area. Freeing it not only erases any pixie hate you have but freeing enough has proven to in some rare cases made them appear in the present day Vana'diel too. Of course people do kill them which drops their numbers too. Please note this is not a large scale quest but meant to be an activity to do if you're bored or can be used as RP opportunities.

Note About Pixies:

* A pixie can raise or cure players providing the player doesn't have too much pixie hate. Pixie hate is accumulated by killing pixies.
* Trading a bottled pixie to the spring can affect the appearance of pixies in present day Vana'diel. Freeing them may also enlist the pixie Tatiana to assist your nation in battle.
* Being raised (revived) by a pixie upon death will result in zero EXP loss.

Link: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Bottled_Pixie
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Pixie Rescue   Operation: Pixie Rescue I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:37 am

(yay this will be fun. I don't have a bottle though. Are you planing on helping others get bottles?)
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Pixie Rescue   Operation: Pixie Rescue I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:38 am

(Obviously this will be something that's going to be done repeatably, so once I get to 55, I'd love to help now and then.)
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Pixie Rescue   Operation: Pixie Rescue I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Tsumi wrote:
(yay this will be fun. I don't have a bottle though. Are you planing on helping others get bottles?)

[Just find and kill the lowest mob that drops them on that link, I used Carbuncle to kite a goblin until it blew itself up. Much easier now that I have Carbuncle Mitts. But yea, the idea is to just gather people sometime to bash in some skulls and rescue the little critters.]
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Pixie Rescue   Operation: Pixie Rescue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation: Pixie Rescue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: A Mercenary's Life :: Mission Ledger-
Jump to: