This post is to give recruiters written guidelines for interviewing new recruits who have posted their letters. This post can also give applicants an understanding of the process and what to expect during an interview.
The Recruiting Process
The following the steps must be followed in order. If it is discovered that a recruiter has given out a pearl without all of the steps have been followed the privilege of recruiting may be taken away.
1) The applicant must post a letter in the recruiting section as their character.
2) If you are interested in taking the interview post OOC in the letter post to make contact and set up an interview IG (In Game).
3) Every time you log into the game make some time at some point to /sea for the applicant to make contact and offer the interview IG.
4) Conduct the interview (both IC and OOC) with the applicant and if you are satisfied they understand the rules and will be an asset to the LS you will give the pearl to them. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT AN APPLICANT INFORM THEM YOU'D LIKE TO TALK TO ONE F THE COUNCIL MEMBERS AND SPEAK TO THEM ABOUT IT FOR A FINAL DECISION.
The Out of Character (OOC) Portion
This portion of the interview is intended for evaluation of the person behind the character. Sfant Umbra is only interested in players who will be an asset rather than a disruption for the group. RP and playing FFXI are supposed to be fun but we expect members to abide by and know the rules. Look for indications that they will behave maturely and be respectful of others in the linkshell.
Some questions are given below that should be covered but if you feel that you need to ask more questions to understand what they can add to the LS please do so.
1) How long have they been playing FFXI? Have they ever played any other MMOs?
2) What RP experience inside and outside FFXI have they had?
3) What has heir guild/LS experience been like in the MMOs they've played? Have they ever been kicked-out of one and if so why? Did they ever leave one because of a problem that arisen and if so explain? How long on average have they stayed in one? Were they ever given any responsibility in one?
4) Do they understand the rules or have any questions on them?
5) What do they think of the realistic approach we take to RP? Will they take the time to learn and use game lore in their RP? Why do they think Sfant Umbra is the right LS for them?
The In Character (IC) Portion
The purpose of this section of the interview is to see if the person’s capability in roleplay and whether or not it fits in with the LS. If they don’t follow the rules of interaction posted on the site kindly inform them on where they need to improve or change in OOC during the session and see if they can follow direction well to improve their RP.
This portion is conducted as if it is an interview of their character by the recruiter’s character. ICly a recruiter has been selected by the Council to interview those who write in and ask to join the Sfant Umbra. The recruiter has been given the applicant’s letter and set up a place and time to meet the applicant. The RP is the first encounter of these two characters.