Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) Empty
PostSubject: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 pm

FFXIV Official Trailer

Okay looks interesting. Another land with Galka, Taru, Hume, Mithra and a horned race? More Furturistic?

Take a look and discuss.

Last edited by Tsumi on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Ah now what's going to be the point of this? It'll be Everquest 1 and 2 again. Granted, there are people who still play EQ 1 over 2, but people lose their friends over something like this.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 pm

The point is they are using new technology and are making a new game. Yes the inevitable migration from FFXI will happen but some will come back to FFXI and some (like I hope to) will play both.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:08 pm

I'm more concerned with what the requirements will be for this game... And once its out what happens to FFXI? Usually when a game company pulls a brand new game out the original gets tossed aside like an old toy. They'll upgrade/update once in awhile, but it'll be like the middle child nobody pays attention to anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:07 pm

Well like I said, people still play EQ 1, and its still supported and updated. And seeing how this game is being based upon the PS3, I imagine the specs will be a little high for a pc version.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:47 pm

If you look on the information page it lists Windows and PS3 as Platforms and nothing else is listed so far.
Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 am

Some new information involving FFXIV. Renaming of the races as well as the new "base" jobs, I guess since they're changing the entire growth system. Everything is tied to weapons and gear it looks like, but there is no leveling. My guess it all involves skill ups. I think when (no if in this case) that I play I'll be a Mithran/Miqo'te again, but be a Gather or Sorcerer Type. Anyway, here everyone. Kotaku Link
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Quote :
Cook, blacksmith, gardener, and fishermen is supposed to be jobs?

Quote :
Actually Seig a lot of games have trader classes. They generally level up by crafting and the game enables them to sell their items in some way so I am curious if everything is tied to weapons how that will work.

Silly who-ever-you-are.

Last edited by Seigfreid on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:12 pm

The way SEI is running business as of late it's a little hard to say if it'll even be a success. Until I see the PC requirements for this game I'm holding off on plans for it.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Oh if its a game also being optimized for the PS3, I imagine the PC requirements will be a little on the high side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Last edited by Darksamurai on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm the same way DS. Still it'll be interesting to me, I want to get into it eventually when it comes.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 pm

lol that was me Seig... sorry...

Anyway I think it sounds great but I doubt I'll be able to afford it or play it til I get a verified card though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:33 am

Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 am

Darksamurai wrote:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

I see. So you can switch jobs out on the field and not just at home so long as you're carrying that type of weapon. So a combination of IX and XII play it seems. Along with it a wondrous XI feel remains. I'm still pretty hell bent on being a career mage I'm getting more and more excited for XIV as the days go by!

I'm still going to be a Miqo'te Magic Type and Land Type as mains though. Hand Type will be my side with War Type being my last thought. Still, again, I'm enjoying the information.

Also, I noticed that some parts of the world look like a more fertile areas in XI, even though it's a different world. Like if Tahrongi has more greenier, if the Kuftal Tunnels were clearer and is the Alrepan Desert had enough water to change it's name AWAY from desert. One of the area Screen Shots looks like Konschtat or La Theine in High Definition. It's quite nice!
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:43 pm

I like how though they obvously are using FFXI as one source of inspiration ( ie the history with the war and bnding together to fight a common enemy and "Age of the Adventurer") its a new game.

They will have different devisons among the races also.

I'd love to try this game but idk if the verifed thing or finances will prevent me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Last edited by Darksamurai on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:20 pm

The system will be really unique to this game which is nice.

No one can say they'lll be ripping off WOW een though they are introducing similiar things.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 am

Darksamurai wrote:
I have to give it to SE they sure know how to hype up a game. This web page is just awesome with all of the lore and info, information that I want more of!

I know for a fact that I'm going on the fighter route, though I'd probably have a couple secondary stuff pop up now and again but mostly I'll be on the war end of things. It's just who I am, I'm always the fighter type.

As for the races, they look and sound better and I like how they are a bit different in each city-state. Though if I had to pick a race it'll be either Roegadyn or Hyur, basically the same thing in XI with Galka and Hume. I just depends on how much I can customize, lore stuff if I'm going the rp route, and if the races have any bonuses or advantages.

Only problem I have is if my comp can run it. I do not know what the requirements are but imagine its more than XI. I might have to wait for it to come to 360, which might be a launch platform but then again might be like XI again. Or I'd have to buy a new comp or PS3, which is money I don't have.

Only thing that concerns me a bit is the supposed release, 2010. That seems a bit soon, but then again they have been working on this a while back when it was called Rapture. I like how it has the option of going solo or with a group, though personally group will be more fun and probably faster, but glad they are changing their style.

The more I read and see, the more I want to know about and play it. This has me more interested in it than XIII, Versus XIII, and Agito XIII.

I want to know more! Damn you SE!

I'm getting around to beefing up my PC for just this reason. My guess is since they do want to keep players around it'll at least require a mid-range setup (dual-core, 2GB RAM XP/4GB RAM Vista, decent video card, and LOTS of HDD space.) to play properly. There's very few PC games that are resource hogs so I'm guessing if you can at least run Sacred 2 or GTA:IV on mid settings then you'll probably have a shot at FFIVX.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Last edited by Darksamurai on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Since I've been frequenting Dreams in Vanadiel they have people collecting and putting together info which I'm posting here for your enjoyment here.

Discuss and have fun!

Originally posted by Jenova 9 on Dreams in Vanadiel forum here:

Details of Storyline Revealed

Quote :
* “FFXIV’s main story prologue begins 10 years in the past. Powerful gods, known in Japanese as “Banshin,” have appeared in Eorzea, summoned by people known as “Banzoku,” or “savages,” who used the gods’ power to strike fear in the people. Meanwhile, to the northeast, the militaristic Garlean Empire has been expanding its reach, using its mechanical technology and overwhelming strength of arms in an attempt to rule the continent. In Eorzea, now faced with these two threats, adventurers (that’s you!) have a mysterious power which lets them experience past events. It is believed that this power can change the world.”

* “The term Banzoku is actually used to describe a variety of different tribes, which differ in values. One group, for instance, values unrestrained freedom. The various tribes have different ways of thinking, living, and different reasons for fighting, and their numbers differ.” (NB: likened to “Beastmen” in FFXI)

* “Sato wouldn’t get into details on the Banshin, saying that players will have to find out on their own. She would only say this: around 10 years back, a force of clearly different power and form, appeared amongst the Banzoku. She also let slip that most of the Banzoku have their own Banshin protector god.”

* “Now for that mysterious power mentioned in the prologue. Said Sato, the power allows adventurers to view and experience events of the past, letting them see the pasts that people attempt to hide. She notes, however, that the power does not allow them to change the future — just participate in the past.”

* “Regarding the northeastern Garlean Empire, Sato described this as a third force that exists alongside the adventurers/players and the Banzoku. It’s a state that has reached a high level of technology. Because of its distant location, its rough terrain, and its structure as an empire, it’s a country to which the the general Eorzean has no ties.”

* “One of the common occurrences in Final Fantasy games are crystals. In FFXI, crystals appeared, in part, as eight elementals which could be used as a source of energy. In FFXIV, Sato revealed, crystals will appear as part of an idea known as the “Banbutsu no Kagayaki.” They will be a required element for livelihood, and will also give players power. Sato’s response to Famitsu’s question about Crystals was pretty vague, so this is presumably something that Square Enix will detail in full in a future update.”

Some speculated there will be about 12 beastmen tribes.

Eozeapedia
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jenova 9 on Dreams of Vanadiel

here:

Quote :
Character Creation Details Revealed:

A lot of scans and details! It also shows the difference in the tribes I think.
Or at least skin tone choices. And other things! This also seems to confirm the same face/head type can have a different hairstyle.
So face type and hair type selection are now independant instead of preset based on the face you choose.

Many details and media! And information yet to be translated!

The first scan has a lot of text, maybe something new can be learned!

Though I think there shouldn't be too much customization. FFXI already downgraded the in-game models compared to the
character creation models (but that was because of ps2 limits, now it's a different story for FFXIV, which will now depend on
how much customization there will be, the more customization, the less quality the in-game models will be. All
games with character creation when compared to preset models or models with limited customization are proof of this.

We know the in-game models won't be CG quality. but if they are at least virtually equal to the placeholder models displayed
in character creation, then the in-game models will definitely look much better than the difference between FFXI's
CG, character creation model, and in-game version of the model.

Since then Ezoraepedia has done some analysis so go here for more details.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Eu site also has leeked some images so go to see these!here

Confirmed Classes by Eorzeapedia are (text and images from there unless otherwise specified):

Disciplines

Quote :
"Every soul must needs have a code, a purpose, to guide them. Else chaos would consume us all." - The Determination of Being, Guillaurmand de Padellaint

In general, there is a fourfold classification of adventurers based on the disciplinary paths to which they devote themselves: Disciples of War, masters of arms who live for the call of combat; Disciples of Magic, erudite researchers of all things esoteric; Disciples of the Land, gatherers of material resources and students of the natural order; and Disciples of the Hand, crafters who invest their creative ingenuity in synthesis and industry.

Players may opt to specialize in one discipline, excelling in a single skill, or they may take a more general approach, making free use of the Armoury. The choice is yours.

Armory

The whole crux of the system is the Armory. SE so far mentions the use of both weapons and tools so it sounds like perhaps a person, to be a truly versatile player would need to dabble in at least 2 of the disciplines.

Example SE gave:

Quote :
By merely equipping any of a variety of weapons or tools, players can instantly change their active skills, thus enabling them to dramatically alter their style of play as well as their character's outward appearance. To take an example, let us follow a day in the life of Leeroy.

Leeroy recently chose to begin the journey down the path of the gladiator, trying his hand at the age-old art of swordplay for the first time. Even today, he woke at dawn to spend the daylight hours drilling relentlessly on the tiny wildlife just outside of town. Alas, opportunities often present themselves when least expected...

Without prior notice, some friends invite Leeroy to partake in an expedition in some nearby ruins. Upon joining their ranks, however, he observes that the other party members are seasoned warriors and accomplished mages all. Dismayed yet not given to despair, Leeroy sheathes his sword and takes up his well-worn staff, assuming the role of thaumaturge, his most advanced class. He bids farewell to the rodents and worms and races to meet his companions, basking in the confident light of his spellcasting abilities.

The party members go their separate ways following a successful outing, and while following the river back to town Leeroy is suddenly taken by the urge to fish. He secures his staff to his back in a deft, practiced motion, and on the recoil pulls out his beloved fishing rod. The gladiator and thaumaturge are gone now, and all that remains is Leeroy the fisherman. Three shining trout! Not a bad haul.

Upon arriving home, Leeroy puts aside his fishing rod and takes up his trusty hammer, blacksmithery having ever been one of his passions. He knows, as does any adventurer, that preparation is the key to any battle, and so sets to working the dents out of his armor and sharpening the edge of his blade. It's all in a day's work.

This is but a mere sample of what players can expect from the Armoury. With flexibility of gameplay and effective use of time at its core, the system is designed with emphasis on not only the in-game lifestyles of characters, but those of the players themselves as well. The Armoury awaits you!

So lets take this a step further say you plan to be just a Gladiator. Since weapons can break lets say it breaks in battle and you are a long ways from town. You could either change your class with a different weapon and become a pugilist and keep fighting or since you're a blacksmith maybe repair your current weapon and continue leveling it.

Alternately the description of tanner states you might want to dabble in Disciplines of land to supply yourself.

This would allow you to be entirely selfsufficent if you choose or depend on others for skills you don't want to level.

Weapons seem to be connected to both Disciplines of War and Disciplines of magic.

Tools seem to be connected to both Disciplines of the Land and Disciplines of the Hand.

(In Progress)

Last edited by Tsumi on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)   FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXI14 Discussion Thread ( Title Changed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next