Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice Empty
PostSubject: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:57 am

Square Enix has lifted the NDA partially so screenshots and discussion of the beta is allowed now. However videos are still forbidden. So if you have any screenshots or thoughts about the beta or FFXIV feel free to share.

Original post has been left intact below:
Quote :
As much as I hate doing this, I need to ask discussing FFXIV beta testing during its testing period is kept off our forums here. According to the NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) you sign upon applying as a tester you're not allowed to speak to others on what you've seen, what you've heard, nor if you've been accepted. If for whatever reason you decide to disclose this information please do so offsite via instant messengers or other means. But for best results, it's better not to discuss it with anyone else.

I also ask any mods or admins please delete any topics about or discussing it immediately. Thank you.

Last edited by SamusKnight2K on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 pm

I agree with the aggreement with not posting things only a Beta Tester would know but I don't think it would be wrong for those of us that mange to get into the Beta at least communicate something here of a place to meet on the launch day for instance or a character name to message to so we could play together.

Maybe SE would put up a Beta testers forum or something that coul be utilized.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:40 pm

That's fine if you wanna do that privately Tsumi, but the non-disclosure agreement signed when applying for the beta prohibits this. Which is why I ask it doesn't become public on the forums. If you head on over to Alla there's a heated debate all about the agreement and posting beta-related stuff.

If you get into beta here's what I suggest you do, contact others privately via PMs on the forum, in-game on FFXI, or another medium. Don't post it publicly here on the forums. From there you can set up times/locations to meet.
Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:53 pm

I have to agree whole heartedly. As a former game tester and aspiring game designer, adhering to the NDA is something which MUST be done. So please let's keep contact limited to PMs. Hehe~
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Since I guess I"m misunderstood I'll just say message me if you get in and want to see if I did so we can play together.
Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Benchmark test!

Can you run XIV currently?
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:51 pm

That looks so freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 am

Just to say, XIV is beautiful.

Also it's Optimized for Vista and Seven as well as Nvidia.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Chessirin wrote:
Just to say, XIV is beautiful.

Also it's Optimized for Vista and Seven as well as Nvidia.

Damn you Chi! Evil or Very Mad I hate you... Sad Sad Sad

Well at least we know where you've been all this time. I applied for CB but never got picked and as close as it is getting to release date I don't see myself being picked now. Anyway, I'm planning to get the collector's edition when it comes out. I've checked my PC against the benchmark and I can run mid-range settings as long as I keep it on my current monitor, I don't dare run it on my larger one unless I want it all choppy.

I'll need a better video card which I'll focus on later in the year but for now at least I can play FFXIV with my current setup.

Last edited by SamusKnight2K on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:54 am

SamusKnight2K wrote:
Damn you Chi! :evil: I hate you... :( :( :(

CB? Cosmic Break? I got in that too. ^^;;; It... didn't fit my tastes all that much. It's cute though, just wasn't for me. Besides. XIV~ ^^

Yeah, my lifes been Work and XIV pretty much. Still~ Can't complain. It's so pretty~ Also everything is BIGGER! WAY!!!! Bigger. As in Chigoes are the size of Lalafels or Small Miqote, but oh so pretty and so many more options. Also this is just the beta build, there may be more customizing options later.

I have my complaints and I've voiced them over the beta forums, I just hope they listen. I want my Camera controls tied back to the arrow keys. >>

Anyway, Comic-Con! I need sleepies~ Miss everyone!
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:03 am

You. Are. So. Evil... *cries* I was referring to Closed-Beta for FFXIV. I applied as a beta tester and didn't get picked. Only beta testing I ever got approved for was EQOA: Frontiers for the Playstation 2. Other than that I've never tested anything I REALLY wanted to play...
Back to top Go down
Niami
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:15 pm

>_> Haven't been here in a while. Chi!!! In case you didn't know, all the RPers are gathering on the Jecht server in beta. Join us ^_^ Also for people that didn't get in, they are sending out a ton of new invites in the coming weeks. Eorzeapedia, ZAM, and FFXIVCore are all having contests right now, too, to pass out additional beta invites.

I haven't seen any of you except Tsumi over at the RPC forums. It's bustling and full of RP goodness (I am Aveline over there). Lots of RPers from Asura and Sylph. ^_^b
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Well it happened, I finally got a chance to join beta! I applied for a key on ZAM's giveaway and won a key. I'm currently on Jecht with my usual characters. Just look for a Miqo'te named "Mihana Zhralyia" or a male Hyur named "Sair Gammonari".

As for the NDA, according to ZAM it has been partially lifted so discussion of the Beta and screenshots are allowed. However no videos are permitted still. Once I can figure out how to take pictures ingame I'll upload a few. Oh and an important bit of info... It seems Miqo'te don't roll their r's like their Mithran counterparts do. Since I always had Mihana rolling her r's in FFXI that's gonna be a hard habit to break. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice   FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta-Testing Notice
Page 1 of 1