Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rant Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Rant Thread   Rant Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:03 am

There used to be a ranting thread somewhere around here but can't seem to find it anymore. I want to vent so gonna make a new one here...

Enemy Hate and Despawns

Okay we all know the scenario, you're in a party or maybe playing solo. You tag a mob with (insert pulling method here) and it begins to chase you. Halfway back you suddenly find it stopped chasing you and has despawned or will shortly if you don't tag it again. Now let's flip this scenario the other way...

You're minding your own business when suddenly you get enemy aggro. You manage to get away but just when you think it's safe here comes Mr. Mob and he's brought friends. No matter what you do it just seems like you can't shake this damned bugger!

Here's where the rant comes in, why is it when you ARE trying to kite an enemy back to camp it wants to despawn, yet when you wanna get away from one it stalks you like an ex-boy/girlfriend? Sneak, Invis, and especially Deodorize are virtually worthless when dealing with these pests. Tonight I was leveling Dragoon (49 now, learned Penta Thrust, yay!) when I get aggro from a sneaky ant. Well I high-tail it out of there and cast Sneak and Deodorize on myself (DRG/WHM) and run for a bit until I'm sure it's gone.

10-20 seconds later here it comes again and with friends. And on that same subject, why do mobs always seem to choose a path to run that goes across/past the view of a linking mob? They deliberately take a long path just to pick up a friend. Well needless to say it doesn't end well and I'm eating sand. Well a little later an ant (God I hate these buggers) aggroes me from one of the pits BELOW trying to cast Freeze on me. I escape and once more cast Sneak and Deodorize on myself. Resume the run and eventually stop. Surprisingly both are really holding a long time despite being an Earthday and double earth element.

Nearly a minute passes by when suddenly I find the Antican army's marching my way picking up recruits. No matter how much I kite them, seemingly get away, they keep coming. Eventually I had no choice but to zone. I had hoped to reach 50 before I went to sleep, guess I'll have to settle for 3K TNL... Well that's the end of my rant, after work maybe I'll swap to Summoner and squish some Anticans for awhile... Peace.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Nesirae
Calator Fantomatic
Calator Fantomatic
Nesirae

Rant Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Dude, sorry to say, but it looks like the Anticans have made you public enemy number one. I'd steer clear of them as Dragoon. lol. Maybe go kill in the past? I know there are some colibri in Ronfaure but I'm not sure they'd net you XP without being synced. Could always try though.
Back to top Go down

Rant Thread
Page 1 of 1