Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Sorry I don't have a link, but its all over Alla and Vana fests official Twitter account. Apparently, SE is going to raise the level cap. Not to 80...not to 85....wait for it

99!!!!!

EDIT By SamusKnight2K: I changed the topic title Seig to about the updates they'll be doing for FFXI that are being announced at Vana'Fest 2010.
Back to top Go down
Darlain
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Sadly, my desire to make a lame "It's over 90!" joke was difficult to resist Razz
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm questionable on how they plan to work on this piece seeing as it's going to change the layout of jobs as we know it. Pretty much every job past 75 that uses magic will be expected to sub RDM now for convert. But on top of this news SE has announced two other things...

Server Merging
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=21741

3 New Add-On Scenarios in a world parallel to Vana'diel.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=21740

I don't know, some of this news here is making me think SE is just scraping the bottom of the barrel now, anything to tide their player base over until FFXIV comes out...

Oh and on the server merge news, Asura is included in that merge... Pandemonium will be merged into Asura. Good news is that Asura's population will increase. Bad news is those on Pandemonium will have to give up their character names if those are being used on Asura... I'd recommend everyone read that first link...

EDIT: Found the link Seig was talking about. Scroll down to "Event Report", click on "Level Cap Increase"
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html

EDIT 2: By the way, SE recognizes roleplayers too, in future updates they intend to add in job-specific emotes for whatever job you're playing.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html

* Scroll down to "Event Report", click on "Future of FINAL FANTASY XI". Scroll to the bottom to find the info.

EDIT 3: Seeing as there's no point in making multiple edits I'll just recommend everyone visit the Vana'Fest 2010 website listed in the links above and look thru the site... A few keynotes I will make are...

* 2 new Summoner pacts: Odin and Alexander.
* Job level increase to 99.
* Add-on content Abyssia.
* Server Merge (Will affect Asura so important everyone reads that one.)
* Weapons unlocking special weaponskills previously exclusive to Campaign NPCs.

The above is just to name a few things that may be implemented this March.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Darlain
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Well, though I feel for Pandemonia, it is nice that new faces will be coming.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 am

Hm...so with Pandy coming to our world, that could mean new role players too.

Job specific emotes you say? I wonder what would be so job specific about them. Long as DRK doesn't include anything emo looking.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:36 am

Quote from SE regarding the job-emotes...

Quote :
Planned for further down the line is the addition of job-specific emotes. The finer points of how these new motions will be acquired are still under consideration, but players can expect a charming set of animations that will allow them to role-play their chosen profession with greater expressiveness than ever before!

And news about the avatars, they'll only be usable during a Summoner's 2HR ability. I guess it won't be that big of a deal other than it kind of is a slap in the face to Summoners once more. Promise of getting new avatars yet they can only be used once every 2 hours.

Quote :
Two new long-awaited avatars, Alexander and Odin will be added. Both new avatars will appear and do the summoner’s bidding only when Astral Flow is in effect. Be aware, invoking one or the other will automatically initiate Astral Flow, the effect of which will end upon the avatar’s release. In accordance of their introduction, summoners will become able to use the “Astral Flow” job ability even when no avatars have been invoked.

Quote :
Uses “Perfect Defense” to reduce damage sustained by party members and prevent status ailments.
- Damage reduction and resistance rate will vary with the summoner’s remaining MP.

Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion 7c_4885

Quote :
Uses “Zantetsuken” to vanquish all foes within the area of effect in one fell strike.
- When used against NMs, will instead deal damage.
- Amount of damage dealt and accuracy will vary with the summoner’s remaining MP.
- More monsters within the area of effect will reduce accuracy.

Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion 7d_3758

Odin may be useful for a final attack just before a summoner is leaving the party if worked correctly, or when doing some missions providing the mobs aren't NM status (Impossible to Gauge.) but Alexander seems somewhat useless, at least by the current info we have right now.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 am

I'm surprised by the level cap raise!

This pararalel world thing seems sort of like what Lost is doing...a world where all events had a different future might be interesting.

I thought that Alexander and Odin might be the new ones but since they were so powerful I wondered how they could manage that but this sounds like these will be timed effects (sort of like 2 hours) so you're not overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Chessirin
New Rookie
New Rookie
Chessirin

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:14 am

With how everything is going (for me and for the game), I just might be able to come back, once I remember a few things... like my password. Ahaha...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion   Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vana'Fest 2010 Update Discussion
Page 1 of 1