Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broken Promise - Return to Duty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

Broken Promise - Return to Duty Empty
PostSubject: Broken Promise - Return to Duty   Broken Promise - Return to Duty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:33 pm

"Damnit, no way I'm lettin' myself get caught!"

Cursing under his breath a lone goblin sprinted through the rain in La Theine Plateau. The skies above had darkened considerably since the chase began and now it was pouring heavily. He weaved his way between the trees, stone fences, and any other obstacle he could find in an effort to lose his pursuer. But still the chase went on. A quick glance over his shoulder proved this. A cloaked figure mounted upon a Chocobo was hot on the goblin's heels and closing the gap. Plucking a staff from its back, the figure leaned to the side and in one motion swung its weapon in a low sweeping arc. The strike connected with the back of the goblin's head, sending him into a helpless somersault before skidding face-first into the muddy pathway before him.

The pursuer's Chocobo turned in a wide circle slowing to a trot, finally stopping several feet from where its target now laid. Staggering to his feet the goblin groaned in pain. If it weren't for his reinforced leather mask covering his head the situation may have ended in much more than a headache. Dismounting from its ride the figure strode forward alerting the goblin. Grasping his sword from his side he stood his ground before his attacker. Glaring from behind his mask he hissed.

"Whaddya want?! If yer looking for death pal ya's about to get it."

Quietly the figure stood towering over him for a moment before speaking. "To bring justice where it belongs. Galddix," it continued, "you've been found guilty of robbing travelers as they pass through this area, then you murder them without reason."

Staring up at the cloaked assailiant Galddix chuckled to himself. "Yeah? So what! They got goods, so I liberate it. Sometimes they don't wanna play by mah rules so it gets a lil'... messy."
"Yet you murder innocent children at the same time?"
"Ya's got a problem with that?"

The figure remained silent for awhile before speaking again in a lowered tone. "I see... Then you leave me no other choice..."

Quietly it assumed a stance, placing both hands in front of its abdomen, one palm turned upwards towards the other. A humming sound filled the air about them, green electricity crackled about the figure's frame. Moving both arms in a circular motion opposite of each other the figure brought both hands towards the center of its abdomen again before thrusting them outwards, palms upright and faced ahead. Nearby a runic circle formed upon the ground, a flurry of stone and earth shot up from the symbol. Materializing into view a crouching monsterous muscular being reared its head, dark earthly brown skin with a long purple ponytail adorning its head. Galddix cursed to himself, a Summoner.

"Whoa whoa wait! There's no need ta call in Titan, is there?!" the goblin pleaded. "I-I mean, we're civilized people, right? Beastman and non-beastman. Tell ya what, I'll pay ya if''in ya'll let this little misunderstandin' slide. Sound good?"

With a slight nod of the summoner's head was all Titan needed. Balling up a fist he swung at the goblin. It connected sending Galddix once more soaring into muddied earth yet again. Raising his hand in the air again Titan brought his massive fist down upon the goblin's skull smashing him into the soft soil. One after another the gigantic ethereal avatar pounded his fists down upon his target. The summoner made a slight gesture calling off Titan's onslaught. The goblin was now a bloodied mess, barely able to stand. Mud caked his armor and mask. Heaving in heavy breaths he stared at both summoner and avatar through what portion of his goggles still remained free of debris.

"So... this where ya take me to justice? Woo, you're a big hero now aren'tcha? Feelin' proud of yerself are we?" Galddix cackled with what strength he could muster." Too bad for ya tho I got's connections with the Tenshodo. A lil' gil here, a slap on the wrist and I'll be right back out 'ere doing the same thing. So let's get this over with, slap dem cuffs on me and I'll mosey on wit ya."

"No..."
Galddix paused for a moment. "... What?"
"No, this ends here." Turning to Titan the summoner stared up at the avatar. "Titan, kill him."
Horror spread across the goblin's masked face but before he could protest a giant hand wrapped its fingers about his head. Turning away the summoner slowly walked from the scene. Muffled screams filled the air between the sickening cracking of bone. One last scream was heard before silence. All that that remained was the downpour that surrounded them. Titan crouched forward, slowly materializing from view once more at the request of his master. Grasping the hood the summoner pulled it back revealing a Hume male, sandy blonde hair of about shoulder length. A pair of spectacles sat upon his nose as he stared up at the darkened skies above him. Looking down towards his chest he withdrew a small mythril locket with a Mithran woman pictured within it. Staring at it he frowned sadly.

"Nihcolo... I'm sorry it's come to this, but I can't keep that promise anymore... Please forgive me..."

Reaching into a satchel at his side he pulled out a smaller pouch. Undoing the corded string he let the contents fall into his hand, a linkpearl. With a heavied sigh he placed the pearl into his ear giving a light tap to see if it worked.

"Sfant Umbra? This is Sairan Gammonari signing in..."

[Well I had thought about it and yep, Sair's coming back! I've already cancelled WoW, it was a fun run but this has been on my mind for a bit now. But can this be...? Sair has taken a life, something he had sworn to never do and was the very backbone of his beliefs. What has caused this sudden change? We'll have to see now, shall we?]
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Broken Promise - Return to Duty   Broken Promise - Return to Duty I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:08 pm

( lol. since his and Tsu's last conversation if she learns of this it will be interesting.)
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Broken Promise - Return to Duty   Broken Promise - Return to Duty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Sweet, welcome back Sair.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Broken Promise - Return to Duty   Broken Promise - Return to Duty I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 pm

[ Razz Thanks for the welcoming. Unfortunately tho I'm technically not back yet... completely anyway... Anime convention (Sakura-Con) is less than 3 weeks away and I need to do some serious fine-tuning on my costume. I've gotta construct and piece together my staff, need to rework the hooded shirt worn under the robe, and find a new pair of pants for the outfit. I've pretty much got most of the stuff already, it's down to the process of assembling it and trying to figure out HOW to do some of the stuff as well. This year I really wanna make a staff that resembles Elk's staff from the .Hack//SIGN series. Seeing as the original I made broke, I'll have to create a new one using pieces from the original. Alot of work... but I'm hoping it'll pay off in the end. Anyway, after the first few days of April I should be back in full-swing, but until then it'll be a cameo here or there.]
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Promise - Return to Duty   Broken Promise - Return to Duty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Promise - Return to Duty
Page 1 of 1