Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Avatar review   Avatar review I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:22 pm

Authors note: The main blue chick was hot. There I said it.

James Cameron; one of the best directors ever. He gave us Terminator 1, Aliens, created a master piece with Terminator 2, wowed us with Titanic, what more could the man do? Well to answer that, we have to look back to 1994, when he finished Titanic. Cameron had created an 80 page rough script of what he would call an epic. It would have been released in 1999, but due to technology not being as advanced as he needed it to be, to release the vision he had, the feature was forced to wait. Was it worth the wait? Was it ever.

Lets keep the plot to a minimum here: Avatar is based far in the future, on a moon of a distant planet (takes 5 years to travel too) that is inhabited by tall, cat like creatures. What we (as humans) want? A very, very expensive fictional ore the creatures home village lives on. Scientists (and one marine) try to use Avatars (genetic clones of themselves in the forms of the inhabitants) to try to find a diplomatic way of moving them. That's all you get people.

This movie is extremely beautiful to watch. The computer generated characters, the special effects, everything, melds so perfectly with the live human actors. You will find yourself sitting there, thinking everything in this movie is real, and not computer generated. Yes, every aspect of this movie was done by George Lucas in the prequel trilogies, but Cameron was able to find such a perfect balance, it trumps anything Lucas would dream of doing. I am not kidding, will become so immersed into this film, you'll never bother pointing out what's fake and what's not.

What is bad to say about this film? With the very small exception the basic plot follows the same as Dances With Wolves and other movies, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this movie. Cameron created a flawless masterpiece that even 20 years from now, will still look as beautiful as it did the day it came to theaters (like Terminator 2).

There is just so much to say about this movie, but I can not get into any of it without giving spoiler after spoiler. I really want to dive into this film and tell you all how amazing and beautiful it is, but I do not want to ruin what it accomplishes. If you have not seen this film yet, please, please see it. In fact, do yourselves a favor and see it in 3D. It doesn't do that cheesy "Look its coming to your face!" stuff, it just brings it more to life than thought possible. So even if you all ready saw it, see it again in 3D. Trust me, you will love this movie.

SEE IT!

Last edited by Seigfreid on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Avatar review   Avatar review I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 am

Seigfreid wrote:
/placeholder. Authors note: The main blue chick was hot. There I said it.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Avatar review   Avatar review I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

SamusKnight2K wrote:
Seigfreid wrote:
/placeholder. Authors note: The main blue chick was hot. There I said it.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

lol I figured Sair would agree with me on that.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Avatar review   Avatar review I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Added Notes: It has come to my attention that many people, critics and moviegoers, are criticizing this movie for being a sci-fi version of films such as Frengully, Pocahontas, Dances with Wolves, etc. Even James Cameron admitted that those movies were his inspiration.

Here's my opinion on that. In today's world, does such a thing really matter? The plot to this movie is still wonderful and will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time you watch it. Hell, Titanic was just Romeo and Juliet on a doomed boat, and that didn't stop it from being considered a master piece, why should it stop Avatar?

Do not let this movie pass you by. Its not only beautiful to see, its beautiful to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar review   Avatar review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1