Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamer Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

Gamer Review Empty
PostSubject: Gamer Review   Gamer Review I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Gamer

Take one part generic violence, one part smudged in emotional stuff, and copy the plot of The Condemned (with Stone Cold Steve Austin), but instead use the actor who played the Spartan king in 300, and you got...Gamer.

Gamer tells the story of Kabal, a death row inmate who is used a live action game avatar in what is called Slayers. Nano-robots in the inmates brains allow them to be controlled by a gamer in an arena environment, where they are forced to play like first-person shooter characters. However, it is all not only legal with the federal government, it is also done willingly by the inmates; as if one inmate wins 30 matches, their death sentence becomes voided and they are a free man.

Enter Kabal, who is 3 wins away from freedom, but the people who run the game do not want him to win and go free, they want him to die. If that wasn't bad enough, his wife and daughter are both waiting for him to get his last win and become free, and there is a rebel group trying to fight the people who control Slayers, saying there is a conspiracy in the works. So since there was all ready The Condemned, how does Gamer fare?

Well lets put it this way, you can't really call it popcorn movie material. Yes, the action in this movie is good, and the special effects is pretty to look at, but if you had all ready saw The Condemned and didn't like it (or didn't see it which I recommend you should at least once), this movie is not really worth seeing. Between the game sessions you get an extremely rushed scene that is supposed to remind you that there is an actually plot to this movie. And by rushed, I mean five to eight minutes tops with fast/bad dialogue, trying to make sure you know what's going on.

Now I'm not saying the movie is horrible, but I can't say its worth a watch. Take my word for it, pass this movie up.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

Gamer Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamer Review   Gamer Review I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:02 pm

I've never seen condemned I might try it but after hearing some less than good things from you and other sources on Gamer I think I'll skip it.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

Gamer Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamer Review   Gamer Review I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Yeah, The Condemned is a much better popcorn movie. Instead of stuffing an extra family plot down your throat, the point of the movie itself (the reality game show with death row inmates killing each other for freedom) is the plot, nothing more. And Steve Austin is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gamer Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamer Review   Gamer Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamer Review
Page 1 of 1