Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help a Member Night?

Go down 
+2
SamusKnight2K
Tsumi
6 posters

Implement "Help a Member" night?
Yes.
Help a Member Night? I_vote_lcap100%Help a Member Night? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 8 ]
No.
Help a Member Night? I_vote_lcap0%Help a Member Night? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

Help a Member Night? Empty
PostSubject: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:08 pm

For a short time I belonged to a social LS that took one day/night a month to help members complete missions, quests, hunt NM or do BCNM etc. It helped members complete tasks and was immensely helpful when it ran.

I was thinking, since we have a bunch of high levels that are game to help, why can't we do that? Is this something we'd like to implement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Last edited by Darksamurai on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:16 pm

Wasn't something like this already implemented? Members interested in seeking help can post it under the mission ledger and use the calendar to set up a date/time. Help a member night was also a suggested theme to use with RP Nights. Anyway the purpose of the mission ledger is to post requests for assistance in the form of clients or just seeking training.

As guidelines go, not everyone experiences the same quest (No two people see an NPC turn into a dragon for DRG, no two people might experience the same AF storyline.) so it'll be mixed up for consistency. All it takes is a little creativity to make something up that'll work.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 am

No we never talked about assisgning one specific night a month where high levels would make themselves available on a regular basis to help people. Currently if a person wants to get something together they have to plan it.

I will make it easier in my opinion if we know on one day a month we will make ourselves available for such things. People could still do the other. I just found I got some things done when a specific night was set aside so I was opening a discussion if we wanted something like it.

And I'm not purposing it would be an IC thing. Like now we could if we wanted to or not if we don't want to RP something. We'd just have a night to help members with things. Like last night we Rped while getting Rank 6.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 am

We didn't? I thought we had... Well I'm game to try it out and see if it works if you wanna go thru with it.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 am

Well I haven't gotten much response so I don't think anyone is interested in doing this.

Was just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm interested Tsu.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:24 pm

should I put a poll up?
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Tsumi wrote:
should I put a poll up?

Already done.

EDIT: Also stickied it.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

I voted for it.

If we try this and no one shows up for it we can cancel trying it.
Back to top Go down
Fuuinashi
Latrines Scrubber
Latrines Scrubber
Fuuinashi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm a relatively new player with hardly anything done in the game, so of course I'm very interested, though I need so much help with anything that I try not to bother people with it. =3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Last edited by Darksamurai on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nesirae
Calator Fantomatic
Calator Fantomatic
Nesirae

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Ya'll know me, I'll help if I'm home.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Well the way it worked in the other LS we all signed up for that month. The organizer looked at what needed to be done, how many helpers and what needed to be done. Sometimes several teams were sent out to help at the same time and usually several things got done. It was considered first come first serve got priority. If someone posted something they couldn't get to on one night it was put at the top of the to do roster.

Example say we have a list like this:

1) Kazham Keys
2) 50 cap items
3) SJ items
4) Avataar fights
5) A Worm's Turn BCNM

With this we'd have to split all this into 2-3 different nights probably. Say we have all of us higher folks on willing to help on those nights we could knock out 1-3 on one night and maybe even get one Avataar done.

The next time, since that person got one Avataar done, we'd stick the BCNM first. Then we'd try to knock out as many of the other Avataars as we can for the person. If any are left we'd move those onto the next night and move each new item put down on it as we go.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Only thing I may not be as willing to do is anything that requires me to spend gil on stuff other than airship transportation or maybe if required, teleports.

I've got nothing against spending a little gil to help someone but if you're on a limited budget (And I usually am when it comes to gil.) you can't throw it around so easily.
Back to top Go down
Drusenija
New Rookie
New Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:40 am

I like the idea personally; part of that is no doubt due to the fact that despite I started playing back in 2004, I still don't have a job above level 34 Smile

But these events always provide great opportunities for roleplaying since you've got a number of people from the shell in one place working together for a specific purpose.

And as it stands, if I'm online I'm always happy to help someone with subjob items! I just recently had to solo both sets (Mhaura side and Selbina side) to get my boarding pass to get to Whitegate Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:04 am

Last edited by Darksamurai on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Sair that's fine no one will be required to help or go on any mission they don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:54 pm

It looks like we'll be trying this. I'll be putting up the polls for next month and include all events to help in planning.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Requests can be put under the Mission Ledger with the same format as in the rough draft listed under that. Once we start getting requests we can make polls for which days work. Also be sure to post what times work best for you to get the request done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help a Member Night?   Help a Member Night? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help a Member Night?
Page 1 of 1