Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epic Movie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

Epic Movie Empty
PostSubject: Epic Movie   Epic Movie I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Epic Movie

What happens when you try to run off the success of Scary Movie (the first one), use only two of the team of the script writers (Neither of which being the Wayne brothers), and use absolutely no form of subtlety what-so-ever when it comes to the various movies/characters/cliches you are making fun of? You get Epic Movie.

We have gone to the first movie where I can not honestly say anything good at all. Nothing at all, I can't even maintain a professional approach to this. Everything down to the bare bones of this film was just reeking with do-do; but where do the problems begin with this movie? The lack of subtlety.

Every single scene of this film looked as though it was ripped straight off the stage of the movie they were making fun of. Hell, most of the movie actual takes place in Narnia! When it makes fun of the Da-Vinci code, it even mentions, and shows the book during the whole "joke" on it. The Pirates joke features a man named Jack Swallows, that is dressed (full suit and make up) like Jack Sparrow, and acts exactly like him.

What made the first Scary Movie movie so great was the fact it was extremely subtle with its jokes. Nothing was pulled straight out of each movie it made fun of. It was not even making fun of whole films, just the various cliches that were in each 90s horror/slasher film. It didn't scream at you what they were doing, like the audience were all morons.

I will not even bother mentioning the plot. Its horrible; made even worse by some bad acting and jokes that make no sense what so ever. What is supposed to be funny about a Jack Black look-a-like screaming "Nachooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Cheese flavor Doritoes taste amazing!"? I am serious, he holds it for that long, and that is the punch line.

Do yourselves a favor, heed Sair's warning, this movie is complete crap.

Last edited by Seigfreid on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

Epic Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Movie   Epic Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:10 pm

I'd never even heard of this lol.

Sounds like Robot Chicken did a better parody of the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe than these people.
Back to top Go down
Seigfreid
Seigfreid

Epic Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Movie   Epic Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Yes, a very better one. At least with Robot Chicken you expect them to use the exact scenery and what not, but with a (insert genre) Movie type movie, it should be done like Scary Movie 1 was.
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

Epic Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Movie   Epic Movie I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:21 am

Oh believe me... This was the most god awful piece of crap I've ever seen. I picked up the unrated DVD version cheap and I've only watched it a few times since then. This movie is just sad... Even the "Extras" sucked... For example there's different pieces for the alternative to the bikini woman running out of the closet when all the stuff falls out, one of which is her doing so completely nude. Another has the Satyr women (half human, half goat) posing in seductive positions, no nudity. Even the DVD menu screen is a joke (Narrated by the beaver.) that repeats fairly often with an endless scrolling background. None of the movie makes much sense and has so many bad jokes it's sad.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Sponsored content

Epic Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Movie   Epic Movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epic Movie
Page 1 of 1