Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I haven't been around because...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

So I haven't been around because... Empty
PostSubject: So I haven't been around because...   So I haven't been around because... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:09 am

I know I sort of just vanished suddenly without a trace, sorry about that. Been dealing with alot of computer issues lately that's kept me consumed. Due to a few problems I decided to install my new motherboard earlier than planned. Well suffice to say it's working flawlessly and I'm glad. Unfortunately that didn't get finished until Friday. But here's where I ran into two snags...

1.) Windows XP had no issues with there being a new motherboard installed, however it DID have issues with the board itself disabling all USB devices and support upon load.
2.) Right after being installed I got a HDD S.M.A.R.T. error stating my 2nd HDD was dying.

So I tried reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition just to access my saved files. Well unfortunately XP likes to be a little prick and blatantly LOCKED me out of my files refusing me access in Windows or DOS mode. And since I only had one working HDD (Second is just about dead now.) I couldn't swap it as secondary. Which ran me into Snag #3... With a failing drive and being locked out of my primary I had no other choice but to do a wipe and lose everything. So... yea... every story I ever wrote, pics I made, everything's gone now.

I'm sort of bummed about it but overall it's given me a reason to finally upgrade everything. It's costing me a bundle to do all this but I'm upgrading to a 250GB SATA2 Western Digital drive with a 16MB cache, another 2GB of RAM (I switched to Vista now since I had intended to do this eventually.), and a new Intel Pentium E5200 Dual-Core processor (2.5GHz) that holds massive OC potential. All the parts should be in by this weekend. In the meantime I've got my PS2 still for FFXI. As for why I've taken this long to actually post anything again, seeing as I lost all my data (bookmarks and password included.) I had to go thru the long list of passwords I use again to find the one for the forums here.

Ah but anyway... Now you know what I've been up to lately. And for those curious as to what my new rig will end up as...

Windows Home Premium x64
ASUS P5QL PRO Motherboard
Intel Pentium E5200 (2.5GHz) Dual-Core Processor (To be overclocked to 3.5GHz.)
4GB DDR2 667 Memory
250GB SATA2 HDD w/16MB Cache
40GB IDE (Hooked via IDE to SATA converter.)
ECS GeForce 8600 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 (Likely updated to GeForce 9x series for FFIVX)
ATX PSupply 380W (To be replaced with 500-550W later.)
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Tsumi
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Omaria Emir (Comandant Rosu)
Tsumi

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around because...   So I haven't been around because... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Well we should still be around when you get back
Back to top Go down
SamusKnight2K
Igienic Preot
Igienic Preot
SamusKnight2K

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around because...   So I haven't been around because... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:17 am

Tsumi wrote:
Well we should still be around when you get back

Oh even if my PC won't be ready I'll be back for the RP Night this Saturday. I have to temp cancel FFXI (lack of funds.) but will be back again after the 2nd. Right now I've been playing Okami (PS2) and trying to work on the PC too.
Back to top Go down
https://sfantumbra.forum.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I haven't been around because...   So I haven't been around because... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I haven't been around because...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: Out Of Character Realm :: OOC Announcements-
Jump to: