Well it seems we finally have SE decision on Gardening so it shouldn't be a problem:
From other threads and boards I've been searching through it seems that only certain activities pooled together set off the flags for the ban bot. These criteria seemed to have been spurred by the fact SE discovered the newest RMT scam involved them opening accounts just to fill all slots with pots and npc all of the yeild to make gil.
So that you know the suspected flags I've listed the things that most of the bans have had in common with some explanation:
1) Multiple accounts on the same credit card.
Players banned often had one account with multiple level 1 chracters though if this is always the case is unclear. Some players opened an account just for mules and reported their mule account was hit by the ban but not their main while both were.
This seems to be because the RMTs would open numerous accounts on one card just containing all slots filled with level 1 mules.
2) Any charge backs on credit cards from the client's bank.
Players have reported when SE accidently double charged them and they went to their banks (because SE would take to long to give them their money back) to handle the issue they have been banned. SE has posted in the new TOS it is now their policy that you must go through them to correct payment issues or their account might be flagged for suspicious behaivor.
Evidently RMT have been opening accounts on free trials and then once the 14 days is over they close the account and charge back the fee if they were to slow back to SE.
3) Any account that has more level 1 characters than ones that have been leveled. This is especically true if all account slots are full.
Basically its a little hard to tell exactly what combo is the trigger but if you have one main and a bunch of mules that are level 1 it probably will be flagged. From my own experience I think, even though I did garden and Npc some of the yeild, I think my obsession with alts has saved me. I only have 4 level 1 mules. All of the rest of my alts have jobs at 15+. Also I haven't filled all of the account slots.
Again the RMT opening accounts with tons of level 1 mules created this problem.
4) Gil being sent between separate accounts frequently.
Again people who owned 2 accounts and kept all mule activity and gil on one account and sent gil from this account to their other account or accounts were banned.
RMT holding numerous accounts and transferring gil to buyers IG has caused this flag.
5) Gardening on more than one content ID and NPCing any of your yeild especially if you NPCed to a certain NPC in Bastok Mines.
Again it seems to be connected mostly to one NPC in Bastok. I, and others that NPCed items to the NPC in the chocobo stables there as well as other cities seemed to have avoided suspicion. People who had all mules in Bastok and NPCed it all there (including to one NPC I have not seen specifically named) were banned. Another reason I think I was not targeted is that I didn’t NPC every item of my yield. I only NPCed certain items, used some of the items to feed my chocobo and sold other items on the AH. A lot of people evidenty NPCed all of their yields and were banned.
Again RMT and legit players evidently used the same NPC in Mines for the same reason. It was closer to the Mog House and took less time to get to. I personally never went to the same NPC every time and wasn’t flagged. Now I itend not to use Bastok Mines NPCs at all.
6) People that constantly gardened without break.
Again since RMT did nothing but Garden it was a flag. Players like me that paused between Gardening forays seemed to be safe. I farm, craft, resource gather and garden for gil so I don’t get bored with one thing all of the time so I think this saved me.
SUGGESTIONS TO AVOID THE BAN HAMMER (DERIVED FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND ALLA POSTS):
1) Don’t do nothing but Garden and NPC all of your yield.
2) Avoid NPCing Garden yields to any NPC in Bastok Mines.
3) Level your mules to level 3 or 5.
4) If you own more than one account put them on different cards
5) If you own more than one account try not to send gil to other accounts to often.
6) If you are double charged call SE customer service and allow them to correct it even though they are slow about it and don’t go to your bank.
Here’s SE new Gardening nerf to try and curb this: