Sfant Umbra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sfant Umbra began as a secret mercenary business within the depths of the Aht Urhgan Empire. With the rise and fall of business it slowly faded from memory. That is, until a descendant of the creator happened across some old parchments one day...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Train your Dragon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seigfreid
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Sfant Umbran Movie Reviewer
Seigfreid

How to Train your Dragon Empty
PostSubject: How to Train your Dragon   How to Train your Dragon I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:45 am

How to Train Your Dragon

Members of Sfant Umbra, have you ever wanted to have a pet dragon? Have you ever, dare I say, wanted to ride a dragon? Well unfortunately we live in the real world where so far, Dragon's are merely myth (I'm holding out on the fact every civilization had a Dragon mythos without contact with each other. The European and Asian nations maybe, but the Myians had a Dragon too), but How to Train your Dragon shows you just how AWESOME it would be to have this dream.

In this film, you are introduced to Hiccup (Jay Baruchel); the son of the viking king Stoick the Vast (Gerard Butler). Although Hiccup is a viking, he's puny, scares easily, and despite his tries to take down a dragon, he always fails. Except for one time; he manages to take down not just any dragon, but the Night Fury, a dragon that hides in the shadows of the sky, flies faster than the others, and is practically never seen while attacking. The only problem is no one believes him. So to prove himself, he goes to find it, kill it, and return it. However, once he finds it, it's crippled, and Hiccup ends up befriending it.

What follows is perhaps one of the best made comedy/friendship film ever seen since Free Willy. The dragon, named Toothless for his ability to retract his teeth, is an amazing character, and down right adorable character when its playing with Hiccup. Of course, spending time with Toothless helps Hiccup learn various ways of fighting against the dragons without killing them; causing him to skyrocket in popularity including with his father who was about to give up on him.

The 3-D animation of this film is as top notch as the Shrek movies, and the dragons, especially Toothless, are awesome to watch in action. The voice acting is good considering they are using various actors and actresses not entirely known (at least to me).

If there is one thing to say at all, its that for a comedy film, the jokes are sub-par compared to Shrek, however the movie isn't about its comedy, its about Hiccup and Toothless.

If you have yet to see this movie, even if you are not a fan of the Shrek films, you need to give this movie a try. Toothless is just plain awesome, and the scenes of them together is so cute and awesome.
Back to top Go down

How to Train your Dragon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sfant Umbra :: Out Of Character Realm :: OOC General Chat :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: